- "Being a part of something special, makes you special."
- —Douwe Posthuma to all the members of the club.
In order to be allowed to follow the class and be accepted into the Music Club, you will need to do an audition in front of the director Professor Posthuma. He is the one that will either accept and welcome you into his class and into the club, or he will be the one that rejects you. His decision is final.
If you are rejected, you aren't allowed to do another audition in the same year. However, you are allowed to try it again in the following year(s) to come. It's difficult to get accepted into the Music Club because Professor Posthuma has a very high set of requirements one need to possess. You need to actually love music, you need to have a good voice and be able to sing in front of the Music Club members and the Hogwarts staff and students for when you need to perform in order pass your exams, you need to have chemistry with other members, you need to be able to study choreography and at least have a sense of rhythm, you are not afraid to look "silly" or "weird" in front of other people and above all, you let the music do the speaking for you.
Weekly sessions will be held in which Professor Posthuma decide what the theme of the week will be. He decides if you need to do the assignments on your own, with another partner or in a group. You'll be graded accordingly. Above all, it is important that the members of Music Club will act as a family (Professor Posthuma is a Griffindor that values this the most.)
- Finn Hudson and Quinn Fabray.
- Patrick Dunbar and Alisha Daniels.
- Brody Hudson and Santana Lopez.
- Adam Davenport and Brittany S. Pierce.
- Scott McCall and Raven Reyes.
- August Doww and Emilia Milton.
- Andy Payne and Bella Thorn
Every member of the club auditioned. In 1994, all those students who liked to be a part of this new Music Club, should had to do an audition number to show Douwe Posthuma their talent in Hogwart's Auditorium. Douwe invited Whitney Houston, Chris Martin, Stefani Germanotta and James Corden to join the jury from their opinions. Here is a list from the songs which is performed by the current members.
- Andy: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
- Scott, Brody and Patrick: I Say a Little Prayer by Dionne Warwick
- Quinn, Brittany and Santana: Toxic by Brittany Spears
- Finn: Can't Fight This Feeling by REO
- August: The Greatest by Sia
- Bella: Slut Like You by P!nk
- Adam: Never Say Never by The Fray
- Alisha: Listen from Dreamgirls
- Emilia: Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey