- Finn Hudson began his education at Hogwarts.
- Santana Lopez, who was later sorted into Slytherin, was the first student Finn met and he shared a compartment with her in the Hogwarts Express. Based on her personality, he immediately knew Santana wasn't someone he'd love to hang out with, so he carefully avoided her when they got off the train.
- Finn shared a boat with Justin Russo during the first years' boat trip to the castle and they immediately clicked, a discovery that would grow out to become the foundation of their future (best) friendship.
- During the Sorting Ceremony, Finn was sorted into Hufflepuff, just like his mother. When the Sorting Hat was put on top of Justin's head and sorted him into Ravenclaw instead of Hufflepuff, Finn felt sad because his new friend wouldn't be in the same House as him.
- Quinn Fabray was introduced to Finn by Justin. Finn and Quinn had a lot of chemistry together and they decided to start a relationship together during a beautiful night at the Ravenclaw Tower.
- Slytherin continued its House Cup winning streak.
The staff at Hogwarts during the 1990–1991 school year were as follows:
- Gryffindor-Slytherin: ??:??
The Quidditch Cup was won by
- Slytherin: 477 Points
- Hufflepuff: 442 Points
- Gryffindor: 426 Points
- Ravenclaw: 352 Points